Staff interested in career opportunities should begin a conversation with their immediate supervisor and explore opportunities through Training and Development (opens new window) at UGA Human Resources. If an appropriate class is not offered, the employee should continue working with their supervisor to create a development plan.
Staff interested in continuing their education at the University of Georgia can do so through the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) (opens new window).
The Staff Representative Group (SRG) sponsors activities that provide professional development opportunities for staff. The UGA Staff Council (opens new window) provides a sounding board for staff to communicate to administration.
The College of Education is allocating funds to provide support for staff to attend various staff professional development opportunities. We will have a limited amount of funding so the awards will be handled on a first-come basis. The maximum funding request awarded will be $500. When funding requests for staff development exceed $500, we encourage staff to seek matching support from their department/unit when they apply. This amount should be listed on the request by their supervisor. Funding caps and additional restrictions may be added as we see the number of requests we receive. The goal of this process is to provide support to as many College staff as possible. As staff professional development opportunities arise, they will be added to this website, so check back often.
- Complete the online request for COE staff professional development funding (opens new window) (PDF)
- Print out the form for appropriate approvals and signatures
- Submit a copy of the completed form to Kendra Goode in Aderhold Hall Room G3 at least two weeks in advance of the professional development activity if possible.
All requests will receive a response as to whether funding for the professional development will be allocated and the amount of support within a week of the receipt of the application. The staff development review committee is made up entirely of College of Education staff. A committee review member will be excused from giving a recommendation on funding requests for staff from their department. Funds will be transferred to the staff member's department so the expenses can be processed in the home unit.
Any questions regarding staff development allocations should be sent to Kendra Goode at 706-542-1414.
- Lynda.com (opens new window) is an online library of over 1,300 courses taught by recognized industry experts and is part of UGA's online training program for faculty/staff.
- Microsoft IT Academy (opens new window) enables faculty and staff to develop their technical skills and if desired prepare for technical certifications.
- Certificate programs (opens new window) designed to enhance specific areas of knowledge, skills, and capacities of staff and faculty.