- Vision: Our Aim
- To educate, engage, and support students with excellence and integrity
- Mission: Our Reason for Being
- To enhance student growth and the college experience through personalized and holistic advising
- Goals: How We Contribute to Student Success
- Collaborating as professionals who strive to be supportive, inclusive, and encouraging to all students, faculty, staff, and campus units
- Providing safe space for students to inquire, explore, question, and share, whether or not their concern is about academics
- Committing to meeting students where they are and helping support their unique needs, goals, priorities, and identities at all stages of the higher education experience
- Values: What helps us Achieve our Goals
If you recently changed to a major in the Mary Frances Early College of Education, you will receive your new advisor assignment in SAGE within two business days. If you are new to UGA, you will be advised and cleared to register at Orientation. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Advising.
At UGA, academic advising is a mandatory and essential part of the undergraduate educational experience. Our academic advisors will help you understand options within programs of study, review degree requirements and course selection, as well as connect you to resources for academic and personal success. We expect you to be both prepared for and engaged in the advising experience throughout your time in the College.
Advising policies and procedures are subject to change, and although we can provide advice, you are ultimately responsible for knowing and understanding degree requirements and policies related to your academic progress. Advisors cannot provide a guarantee of graduation and/or certification within a specified period.
Advisors are available by email and by in-person or virtual (Zoom or Microsoft Teams chat) appointments. Please check with your advisor for their drop-in hours and how to contact them. Drop-in hours are for quick questions only and will be limited to 15 minutes per person. These times do not replace your required advising appointment and you cannot be cleared for registration during drop-in. Students will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis.
Considering a major change to Exercise and Sport Science, Sport Management, or Health and Physical Education? Meet with one of our academic advisors during drop-in hours!
During drop-in hours you will be able to discuss your major of interest with an academic advisor on a first-come, first-served basis.
Drop-in hours are for general questions and additional information about your major of interest. Your academic advising hold will not be cleared after a drop-in meeting.
Drop-in Hours will be in-person during the following times and locations. Please note when drop-in hours are offered for your specific major of interest.
|Exercise and Sport Science||10-11 a.m.|
(331 or 333 Ramsey)
|Health and Physical Education||10-11 a.m.|
|Sport Management||10-11 a.m.|
(315 or 327 Ramsey)
If you are already pursuing a major in Exercise and Sport Science, Sport Management, or Health and Physical Education, you can view your Primary Advisor’s drop-in hours in SAGE.
- UGA Advising FAQs
- Advising Resources (Advising Tools, Academic Assistance, Health, and Well-Being)
- Summer School
Elementary Education (Accepted)
Elementary Education (Intended)
Exercise and Sport Science
Social Studies Education
TESOL & World Language Education
Middle Grades Education
For more information about advising, send us an email.