All students are required to meet with an academic advisor every semester. Your advisor will notify you when it is time to schedule an appointment in SAGE (opens new window).
- Get the most out of your appointment by preparing ahead of time.
- Review your DegreeWorks audit (opens new window), course descriptions (opens new window), and the schedule of classes (opens new window), and make a list of possible classes you would like to take along with any questions you have for your advisor.
- During your appointment, you and your advisor will review your progress and work together to create a plan for the upcoming semester(s). Advisors can also direct you to additional resources on campus as needed.
- At the end of your appointment, you will have access to an academic plan in DegreeWorks, and your academic advisement hold will be removed.
If you have any questions about scheduling an appointment, contact your academic advisor or the Director of Academic Advising (opens new window).
Our No-Show policy helps us provide equitable access to all students. We understand that situations will happen outside of your control, so please email your advisor if you have extenuating circumstances. Waking up late or forgetting is not an extenuating circumstance.
- If you are considered a "No-Show", a flag will be placed on your SAGE account and you will not be able to schedule another appointment until later in the semester when you are notified that your No-Show flag has been cleared.
- In order to provide a full advisement appointment, please note that if you are 10 or more minutes late, you will be considered a No-Show and may not be advised.
- If you cancel your appointment within four (4) hours of your scheduled time, you will be considered a No-Show.
- All communication from our office is required to be sent to your UGA e-mail address.
- Please plan for and allow at least 48 hours response time to your email. We answer emails as time permits throughout the day around appointments, meetings, and other duties.
- Be sure to check your UGA e-mail at least daily, if not more often.
- If you prefer to use another email client like Gmail – please use EITS instructions (opens new window) to have your UGA email forwarded and be sure it is working.
Students are solely responsible for ensuring that courses taken at another institution transfer into UGA with the desired credit and for the desired area. Please utilize the Office of Admissions' Transfer Equivalency website (opens new window) to aid in this effort.
Transient letters may be obtained from the UGA Registrar's Office in the Hunter Holmes Academic Building or electronically through Athena. You must be in good academic standing at UGA to obtain a transient letter. From the "Student Records" menu, select "Request Enrollment Verification." Choose the current term, and "Transient Letter" for "Verification Type." Choose how you want the letter delivered, fill in the address or fax number, and click "Submit." Please also refer to the Franklin College Transient Student information page (opens new window) and the Transient Student Handout (PDF) (opens new window)